Applications for Cohort 4 of the Desmos Fellowship are now open, and we think you should apply! Here’s what our current Desmos Fellows are saying about the Desmos Fellowship:
- Desmos Fellows weekend was the most amazing professional development I have ever experienced as a math educator. It is difficult to find PD that is a room packed with people so passionate about how we help students learn math and how the technology of Desmos has completely changed how we can do it.
- Desmos Fellows are the math department we all dream about. Supportive, collaborative, caring, and innovative. I strive to create experiences that parallel the experience I had over the Fellows weekend. I didn’t want it to stop and although the weekend did, the support didn’t.
- I was so grateful for all the Desmos knowledge I gained, but more than that I was inspired by the exceptional collection of math teachers. The fellowship felt more personal and impactful than any other PD I’ve attended. The weekend created long lasting connections, both mathematical and professional.
Before the Fellowship Weekend:
- Introduce yourself on Slack, our internal chat program, to the Desmos Team and other Desmos fellows.
- Let the other Desmos fellows know what kind of help you can offer the group, and what kind of help the group can offer you.
- Participate in weekly online chats about math, teaching, and Desmos.
During the Fellowship Weekend:
- Help us learn more about the advantages and challenges of using Desmos in diverse settings.
- Learn how our faculty helps teachers use our powerful technology and activities.
- Collaborate with other Desmos Fellows to create an activity, presentation, or resource to share with other teachers.
- Receive a certificate of participation for 15 hours of continuing education.
- Leave the Fellowship Weekend with new questions, friends, and goals for the upcoming school year.
After the Fellowship Weekend:
- Receive support on the goals you set at the Fellowship Weekend, share progress towards those goals, and support other Desmos fellows in reaching their own goals.
- Receive early access to our most powerful tools and activities.
- Receive access to a diverse range of learning experiences around math, teaching, and technology facilitated by the Desmos Team and Desmos Fellows. Some examples include online chats around a weekly prompt or article, webinars, and summer workshops.
- [Optional] Apply to become a Desmos Certified Presenter, leading workshops, webinars, and conference sessions on a paid, part-time, and flexible basis.
Interested in joining Cohort 4 of the Desmos Fellowship? Apply now at learn.desmos.com/fellowship.
Applications due March 1st, 2019, 12:00pm (noon) PST.